Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Who is your master?



In church on Sunday, this question was presented to us.  It got me thinking about what masters my life.  There are so many things that are competing for our time and attention.  I've been convicted and pray that my true Master becomes the master of my entire life.  I'm sure each one of you can identify something that is trying to master your life.  Here is a small list of things I've thought about.

Who is your master?
  • me or my calendar
  • me or my phone
  • me or my computer
  • me or television
  • me or my house
  • me or my work
  • me or sports
  • me or food
With God's help, we can overcome being a slave to those things that are trying to master our lives.

2 Peter 2:19b says:  "a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him."


 

No comments: