Friday, September 28, 2007

Must walk as Jesus walked

I john 2:6; I Peter 2:4-5 – Rejection; Psalm 27:9-10


Homeless people are a problem for those of us in the property management business. They urinate on the walls and leave trash as evidence of their seemingly never ending presence. Dealing with homeless people can stretch ones patience to the end. The only way I can remember to always be kind to them is to keep in mind they were someone’s little baby. Only then do I regain my patience and kindness.

Remember the scene, a little baby is born, mom and dad look on with admiration at God’s miracle, yet as time goes on, we as families have our differences. It’s hard to imagine, but some parents later in life reject their children. What if your mom and dad reject you? What kind of hurt is that? Deep and lasting. Psalm 27:9-10: “Do not hide your face from me, do not turn your servant away in anger; you have been my helper. Do not reject me or forsake me, O God my Savior. Though my father and mother forsake me, the Lord will receive me.” The hurt of rejection from mom and dad can leave lasting scars. Remember, the Lord won’t reject us.

God’s word says we must walk as Jesus walked. I John 2:6: “Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.” When Jesus was on this earth, He was rejected. Does this mean we can be rejected? Yes; if we stand for Christ and truth, we at some time can expect to be rejected.

Sin is the ugly root in each one of us; even in light of that truth rejecting one’s own son or daughter seems cruel to me. I have a hard time understanding this but human pride, unforgiveness and the desire to control other people’s lives forces some people to reject their own. How sad.

Remember God could have very easily written us off. Even though we are His sons and daughters, we are all prodigal sinners. We all need forgiveness and restoration. Remember Christ’s work on the cross, it allows us to be accepted by God the Father, not rejected.

Do you know someone rejected by their own blood? Be gentle, be patient. Remind them though flesh and blood may reject, the Lord will not reject them. Pray for restoration.

Mark 8:31; “He then began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, chief priests and teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and after three days rise again.” If you have been rejected, you have walked as Jesus walked. Walk on brother, walk on sister, you’re in good company. Continue to walk as Jesus walked.

No comments: