Thursday, April 10, 2008

USAF not quite “Above All”

Psalm 138:2: “I will bow down toward your Holy temple and will praise your name for your love and your faithfulness, for you have exalted above all things your name and your word."

I am a proud veteran of the United States Air Force. My experience in the Air Force, even in the time of conflict, was excellent. The Air Force Training Schools are the best; we were good at what we did and we did it 24/7.

Recently the Air Force has launched an advertising campaign entitled “Above All”. It is a creative and impressive campaign but I want the Air Force Generals to know they are not above all.

For sake of illustration, the distance from the earth to the sun is 93 million miles. If we assume a line 93 feet long, that would mean each foot equals 1 million miles. Each inch on the line equals 83,333 miles. The Air Force can fly as high as 150,000 feet. Impressive yes, but compared to the distance between the sun and the earth 150,000 feet is a mere speck on the 93 foot long tape measure. We may think we are “above all” but in reality, we are a speck of dust.

To the Air Force Generals, I am impressed with what you do but God’s name, God’s word is above all things. In John 3:31 it says in part: The one who comes from above is above all; the one who is from the earth belongs to the earth, and speaks as one from the earth. The one who comes from heaven is above all.” He is not just above all things, Jesus is above all and that means all. We better not forget that.

I suggest a new Air Force advertising campaign—“not quite above all.” The Air Force may be above a lot of things but in retrospect, they are a speck of dust in God’s universe. Whenever we see these ads, let make it an opportunity to praise the one who is truly “above all” – Jesus Christ.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen, and to think, you and I have been raised with HIm to sit in heavenly places. Wow. The sight from this height is radical!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jerry,
I am one of the Morris shop talk guys. I really liked your USAF post. I am a little worried, though. I am a submarine veteran, so does that mean that I am "Below All"?? YIKES!! Just kidding..

Mike L