Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Get Rid of Those Greedy Bastards

It’s early Monday morning and I don’t want to face another week like last week as I’m afraid it will be more of the same. The financial crisis in our country has incurred angst among many of the tenants and building owners. I visited with one of our tenants, a psychologist who said, “All this stress is coming out in many different ways”. I agreed with him.

Last week (and I’m sure this week) people in the Twin Cities were on edge. People are ill tempered and smart mouthed. Minor issues become major. I wonder what we’d really be like if we were hungry. I believe we, as a society, would come unglued.

One person has a solution for all of this. “Get rid of those greedy bastards in Washington, D.C.” he said. I wonder if we did get rid of “everyone” in Washington, D.C., what guarantee do we have that we’d get anyone any different from the previous governing officials. “All those greedy bastards” come from every state and congressional district across the land. I don’t think the replacements would be any different. Call me pessimistic but the people here in good old Minnesota don’t keep their word either.

What America needs is not “new politicians” or even the “old politicians”, what America needs is spiritual transformation.

I looked back through my blogs and yes, I’ve talked numerous times about this. I bet you think I’m beating a dead horse. I may be but in light of the everyday, frontline problems in Minneapolis and Olivia, spiritual transformation is our only hope.

The call for spiritual transformation may fall on deaf ears, like before. A young man said “before that will happen, Jerry, America may need to be hungry and naked in the street.” It may be, sad to say.

I am concerned for what we’ll face. I am excited as I wait for the Lord’s moving, which will come. Meanwhile, to us believers—repent, fast and pray and share the Good News of Jesus. By God’s choosing people will come out of the Dominion of Darkness into the Kingdom of Light. Colossians 1:10-17: “And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light. For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.”

This is good news. Come quickly, Lord Jesus, come.

No comments: